Tuesday, October 28, 2008

All kinds of company



We had a lot of visitors this weekend, which is always great! Mom's sister, Lois, and her husband, Dick, were here from Ft. Worth towards the end of the week. We also visited with another of Mom's sisters, Jody, from Columbia, in at Grandma Lottie's on Saturday. Saturday night Allen, Kausick, Liesel, and Drew drove down from Lincoln and Kansas City.
Watching Mom isn't easy as she needs constant supervision, so I decided we'd take a girl's night out and told Dad to take the evening off. After visiting at Lottie's Mom and I met Christine at MSSU for Devri's District Honor Choir performance. I think Dad enjoyed some time to rest, but he was standing at the gate when we got home that evening, ready for Mom to be back. We returned about 7:00 p.m., dinner was on the table thanks to the Lincoln/KC crew, and Mom turned herself in at about 9:00. She probably was pretty tired after spending the entire evening away.
I didn't get hardly any words from her this weekend until Jody gave her a book. I asked if she could read it aloud and she did! She read about two sentences, which was 10 times the words I had heard from her all day. It was nice to hear her voice. Thanks, everybody, for coming to visit! (Mom, Patrick, Devri, & me at MSSU choir concert.)

No comments: